Jury Service Information
NOTICE: Jury Trials scheduled at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022, will proceed as scheduled. Thank you.
Cases heard by Allen Municipal Court are Class C misdemeanor violations that are punishable by fine only. Jurors are selected from a random list of City of Allen Utility Billing subscribers. Jury service is normally for one day, and impaneled jurors are paid $6 per day.
Check Jury Service Status
To determine whether your appearance is required for jury duty:
- Check the Online Jury Service website after 6 p.m. on the evening before your date of juror service; or
- Call 214.509.4380 (Option 6) at 8 a.m. on your date of juror service
Notice: If you wish to claim an exemption, you must complete the questionnaire and submit with proof of your reason to: Allen Municipal Court, 301 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013. Exemption claim must be submitted prior to the date of service.
You may claim an exemption from jury duty if any of these apply to you:
- You are over 70 years of age.
- You have legal custody of a child or children younger than 12 years of age and service on the jury would require leaving the child or children without adequate supervision.
- You are a student of a public or private high school.
- You are enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher education.
- You are an officer or an employee of the senate, house of representatives, or any department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the legislative branch of the state.
- You are the primary caretaker of a person who is unable to care for himself or herself. (This exemption does not apply to health care workers.)
- You are a member of the U.S. military forces serving on active duty and deployed to a location away from your home station and out of your county of residence.
- You were selected and have served as a petit juror in Collin County during the 24-month period preceding the date you are to appear for jury service.
These exemptions are not mandatory. An individual who meets one or more of these criteria may still choose to serve on a jury panel.